Sunday, March 7, 2010

Feedback

It's Oscar Sunday, and every since I wrote my 2,000-word treatise on this year's Oscar nominees, plus my rant about DWTS, I've been thinking about movies and TV and my college diploma that sits on the wall in the office, collecting dust and keeping the plaster from falling down. Short version of the story is this: I was lucky enough to get a degree in something that I was passionate about, something that I still actually care deeply about (you would, too, if you had a 3-year-old who loves watching movies and TV shows), so I decided: oh, what the heck. This is the Internet, and I HAAAAVE THE POOOOOWERRRRR!

Sorry ... He-Man moment. Anyway.

The gist is: I have opinions. Let me share them with you. Of course, they're MY opinions, so you'll get your usual amount of snark and whatnot. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will want to pay me for my opinions -- if that ever becomes the case, I'll let you know. Unless otherwise stated, I paid for whatever I review here (movies, TV shows, books, games, random interesting foodstuffs, maybe even restaurants if any of the new places around me ever have a wait of under 2 hours) with my own money.

Oh, and in case you were ever wondering, I am inspired by some really great writers and reviewers, and while I aspire to be like them someday, I don't pretend that I am at their level, so if you ever want to check out any professionals, here are some recommendations:


I also read NPR's Monkey See blog and also what is happening at Television Without Pity. I won't lie -- TWoP has been a revelation to me (it's where I learned the word "snark," for example).

So ... that's that. I'm going to start with reviews of "Avatar" and "The Blind Side," so that should be fun! Keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment